Destinations in Indonesia
Trail of Civilization
Sunset Scenery at BorobudurOnce you enter Borobudur, you find yourself being led into an intricate cosmology immortalized in stone, which is a magnificent trip for amateur archaeologists, albeit one that will require an experienced guide to decipher.
In 2006, Indonesia hosted the first ‘Trail of Civilization’, a symposium aimed to foster co-operation and the preservation of cultural heritage between Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. These countries declared that their common heritage would be an important vehicle for further preserving and promoting their culture through cultural tourism.
This meeting resulted in the Borobudur declaration, a commitment by these nations to work together in preserving cultural heritage. By working in co-operation, it is envisaged that together, each country will be able to improve their ability to preserve and promote their related cultural heritage.
The highlight of the 2006 symposium was a special performance of the Mahakarya ballet featuring traditional Javanese dancing, music and costumes. In this special performance, dancers depicted the history of the construction of Borobudur temple.
Meetings between tourism Ministers from the Trail of Civilization countries took place again in 2008 and 2010.
- Kailasa Museum
- Graha Candi Golf : Golf & Real Estate Semarang
- Manyaran Indah Golf Club
- Museum Batik Danar Hadi
- Tlogo Plantation
- Dieng Plateau
- Relaxing in Wonosobo
- Solo Surakarta
- Lawang Sewu
- The Sam Poo Kong Temple of Semarang
- KARIMUNJAWA: Marine Adventure in the Java Sea
- Mendut Temple : Spiritual Portal to the imposing Borobudur temple
- Pawon Temple
- Pulau Tengah in the Java Sea: surrounded by living reefs and colorful fish
- PURA MANGKUNEGARAN: its history and the end of the united Javanese Mataram Sultanate
- Dieng’s Telaga Warna, the Color-changing Lake
- Candirejo Village : experience rural Java’s traditional life
- Rafting down rapids of the picturesque Serayu River
- Understanding the Thousands of Relief Panels of Borobudur
- Wonosobo’s Stunning Mountain panorama, cool fresh air and tea plantations
- Tubing down the Elo River of Central Java
- The Cave of Virgin Mary at Kerep, Ambarawa
- Triwindu Antique Market: Hunting Antiques in Solo