Destinations in Indonesia
Live Earth Run for Water - Bali
Bali2Amed Beach, East Bali.
Bali3Boat at Amet Beach, East Bali.
Bali4Ngaben Ceremony at Bali.
Bali5A beautiful view at Batur's Lake, Kintamani, Bali.
Bali6Shopping mall at Bali.
Bali7Tourist, from the cruise ship at Bali.
Golf BaliGolf field at Bali.
Ngaben CeremonyPart of Ngaben Ceremony, Bali.
Pupuan Rice Field at Bali
ParasailingParasailing, a kind of extreme sport interest at Bali.
Ulundanu TempleUlundanu Temple, on lake. Bali.
Balinese DancerBalinese Dancer.
Rhapsody Cruise Ship
An Afternoon at Kuta's BeachThe most famous beach in the world. Kuta.
Sunset at Tanah LotSunset at Tanah Lot.
Balinese Dancera Couple of Balinese Dancer.
Barong's DanceBarong's dance of Bali.
UbudUbud's field rice.
Yoga In Bali
Kuta Bali 1
Kuta Bali 2
Kuta Bali 3
Soccer in Kuta Beach
Surf at KutaSurf at Kuta Beach, Bali.
Marketplace in Bali
Marketplace in Bali2
DOW LIVE EARTH RUN FOR WATER WILL TAKE PLACE SIMULTANEOUSLY
IN MORE THAN 40 COUNTRIES
Indonesia Contribution for the Global Movement on Water Crisis Issue
Jakarta, February 2, 2010 Building on the success of the 2007 concerts which took place over the course of 24 hours, on seven continents, featuring 150 artists to raise awareness for the issues and solutions associated Live Earth announces a global initiative for 2010 addressing a significant environmental issues, the global water crisis. This year, Live Earth and Dow have partnered together on the Dow Live Earth Run for Water, a global event aimed at raising awareness and funds to help solve the global water crisis.
In Indonesia, the Dow Live Earth Run for Water will be held on April 18, 2010 at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park in Bali. The Dow Live Earth Run for Water, a series of 6 km runs/walks (the average distance many women and children walk everyday to secure water), is also featuring concerts and water education activities to raise money to help solve the water crisis. The Participant of the Dow Live Earth Run for Water can register directly on line through www.liveearth.org/run starting February 2, 2010. Ten percent of all registration fees will be donated to the Indonesia NGO beneficiary, Indonesia Water Partnership to build clean water installation.
Not only the support from the government of Indonesia, Dow Live Earth Run For Water also supported by national figures, musicians, and celebrities, such as Prof. Dr. Sarwono Kusumaatmadja as a representative of WANADRI, Ir. Rachmat Witoelar representatives from the National Council of Climate Change (DNPI), Dr. Ir. Roestam Sjarief -a water resources expert, Ms. Amanda Katili Niode representatives of The Climate Project Indonesia (TCP Indonesia), Slank, Glenn Fredly, Dwiki Dharmawan, Nugie, Dik Doank, DJ Anton, Nadine Chandrawinata, Shahnaz Haque and Farhan.
Through the Dow Live Earth Run for Water event, people around the world are expected to be aware of the threat of local and global water crisis. For the first time, Indonesia will participate in the global event that is simultaneously performed in more than 40 countries around the world, said Rinny Noor, Live Earth™s license holder for Indonesia.
Rinny Noor added, Indonesia is not free from water crisis threat as the fact that there are only 24% of Indonesian people who have access to clean water. In this program, Indonesia Water Partnership is the beneficiary for funds raised in Indonesia.
The suffering experienced by the well-known dry areas such as Nusa Tenggara Timur and Gunung Kidul, has begun to reach other region in Java, Bali, Nusa Tenggara Barat and South Sulawesi. The dwindling of natural water sources and the very high price of processed water have declined the life quality of Indonesian people. The increasing case of diarrhea and hepatitis disease as well as conflicts among people who fight for water source up to food security vulnerability because of water scarcity should awake us that water crisis is a complicated problem that requires immediate solution, said Dr. Sutardi, representative of Indonesia Water Partnership.
Rinny Noor explained, Funds collected from the sponsor and registration fees of the Dow Live Earth Run for Water will be used to build clean water installation through Indonesia Water Partnership.
Slank, Glenn Fredley, Dwiki Dharmawan, and DJ Anton created a special song for Ring Back Tone where part of the sales will be donated to build infrastructure and clean water facilities in water scarce areas in Indonesia.
Live Earth also partnered with WANADRI and The Climate Project Indonesia to continuously arouse the awareness that every individual has a primary role in providing water crisis problem solution starts from the simplest effort of saving water in the household to the effort that requires multi-stakeholders coalition to converse water resources.
16 Nov 2014-19 Nov 2014UFTAA holds 47th Congress and General Assembly in Bali with B2B Event
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
- Ubud Monkey Forest
- Amed Beach
- Bali Bird Park
- Bali Handara Golf and Country Club
- The Ritz Carlton Bali, Thallasso & Spa
- Mandara Spa Originating in Bali
- Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay
- Golfing in Nirwana Bali Golf Club
- Lovina Beach
- Kuta Beach
- Mount & Lake Batur- Kintamani, Bali
- Eat, Pray, Love and Escape in Ubud
- Pura Besakih: the revered Mother Temple of Bali
- Nusa Dua
- Ulun Danu Beratan: iconic Temple on Lake Beratan in the Bedugul Highlands
- Tanah Lot: Bali’s iconic Rock Temples By the Sea
- The giant Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue and Cultural Park
- Dreamland: Surf’s up at Bali’s New Kuta Beach
- Sanur Beach: Watch the sun rise from below the horizon
- The Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Nusa Dua Hotels
- West Bali National Park: Sanctuary of the Exotic White Bali Starling
- Menjangan Island
- The Serene Pemuteran Beach and its Phenomenal Underwater Temple
- Suluban Beach
- Pura Agung Pulaki and the enchanting temples of North Bali’s Pemuteran Coast
- Kedisan Village at the foot of Mt. Batur
- Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida : “Cleaning Stations” for the Giant Mola-Mola
- Pura Ulun Danu Batur
- The Secluded Balangan Beach and its Long Left-hander Surf Breaks
- Impressive Pura Kehen in Bangli, on the road to Kintamani
- Canggu Beach
- Taman Nusa
- The unique Setia Darma House of Masks and Puppets in Gianyar, Bali
Related ActivityMany of the world's most ancient wonders can be found in Indonesia. From sacred temples to palace ruins, from prehistoric remains to living traditions...
- Nyepi: Bali’s New Year’s Day of Complete Silence
- The Jatiluwih Rice Fields: a UNESCO Cultural Landscape, from Bali for the World
- Balinese Traditional Cuisine: The Taste of the Island of the Gods
- The Subak: Bali’s Rice growing Cultural Landscape: a UNESCO World Heritage
- Boreh: Bali's most Rejuvenating Traditional Spa
- The Serenity of Ubud and Bedugul
- Visit Besakih Temple and East Bali
- The Temples of Mengwi and Uluwatu
- Live Earth Run for Water - Bali