Indonesia's Official Tourism Website

Topic: Karimunjawa, Beyond the Average  (Read 5002 times)
Rate Topic:

Offline Eko Jusmar

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • Mileage 3
  • For travelers all around the world: Don't claim yo
    • View Profile
    • Indonesian Travel Blogger
Karimunjawa, Beyond the Average
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »
It was 12.00 a.m. and the air begun to be colder when people just fell asleep while I was riding my motorcycle from Solo headed toward Jepara with three other friends of mine. For the second time, I started my journey to Karimunjawa archipelago, geographically located more than 80 km north away from Jepara and culturally comprised of three different tribes: Java, Madura, and Bugis. Ferry Muria was the only transportation available in Jepara to crossover at the time (which is not every day). Lucky us not to wait in a long queue to get the boat ticket. February was not crammed with people going to the island. It will be more crowded in the peak season from May to October which is also the best time to visit.

Six hours on the boat. The only amusement on board is television. Dolphins’ parade might also be seen in the middle of Java Sea, but it’s not always, only on June till August. To pay the exhaustion of the voyage, an ewer of fresh cold young coconut juice was served on the round table under terminalia cattapan in front of the homestay we lodged. Since we traveled on a shoestring, we set up in a homestay room which is far cheaper than in a hotel or resort. We only spent IDR 80.000 per room per night. It’s not quite solely, as it is a family’s house with shared bathroom. It is a clean and nice dwelling though.

People say that the island is a perfect place to catch a wonderful scene of sunset. And they were right! We witnessed it from a small dock where many colorful fishermen’s fishing boats were attached to. We captured it. Not any stumbling block or cross beam got in the way the sun to sleep under the horizon. Beautiful it was. The gold hour led to the blue one. The sky was amazing.
READ MORE
  • @kitajimaland
For travelers all around the world: Don't claim you are a true traveler, if you never travel in INDONESIA

Offline Aditya Kresna

• Global Moderator
  • Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
Re: Karimunjawa, Beyond the Average
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:40:07 PM »
Whooaaaaaaa.......

:D :D :D :D :D

People say that the island is a perfect place to catch a wonderful scene of sunset. And they were right! We witnessed it from a small dock where many colorful fishermen’s fishing boats were attached to. We captured it. Not any stumbling block or cross beam got in the way the sun to sleep under the horizon. Beautiful it was. The gold hour led to the blue one. The sky was amazing.
READ MORE

Offline sitdowndisco

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 1
  • http://www.pergidulu.com
    • View Profile
    • Pergi Dulu
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
I have to agree that this place is really nice. Not sure a lot of people would like some of the homestays though. Quite basic.  :) Best thing is to get a motorbike and drive all around the island.

Offline novindaatha

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »
What amazing place. I really wanna go to that place someday.  :D

Offline Eko Jusmar

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • Mileage 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
ke Karimun Jawa mah wajib..:)
  • @kitajimaland
For travelers all around the world: Don't claim you are a true traveler, if you never travel in INDONESIA

Offline jengan

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »
wow really nice photos! I like them. I was looking at some flight deals to central java on Wego.co.id and i found them to be relatively affordable.

Just would like to find out a few things:

1. How safe is it for a female solo traveller?

2. Do you need a license to ride a motorbike?

3. Any recommendations to stay for below usd50 a night? i saw homestays in the previous post but not that keen, would prefer backpackers actually.

4. what are some of the water activities that one can do?

Thanks a lot! any advice is most welcome!

Offline Eko Jusmar

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • Mileage 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »
1. How safe is it for a female solo traveller?
yes of course especialy in Java

2. Do you need a license to ride a motorbike?
yea,but sometime police office quite nice to foreigner

3. Any recommendations to stay for below usd50 a night? i saw homestays in the previous post but not that keen, would prefer backpackers actually.
bed and breakfast hotel its fav option if you going to Jakarta,bandung,Jogja,Surabaya,Bali just pay what you need

4. what are some of the water activities that one can do?
diving and snorkling with spectaculer dive spot
  • @kitajimaland

Offline TKI

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:04 PM »
Sebetulnya Karimun Jawa sdh masuk agenda diving trip kami sejak beberapa tahun yang lalu. Namun, kita kesultan mendapatkan informasi mengenai diving center profesional disana kecuali yang di kelola oleh Kura-kura resort yang harganya minta ampun ...mesti jual sawah dan kambing kalau kesana.
Tolong kalau ada info DC yang minimum memenuhi standard PADI. Tidak harus berafiliasi dengan PADI, tapi cukup mengikuti standardnya.

Offline indonesien-urlaub

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
Really AAAA++++++ perfect photo shots.

It's been a pleasure to find this travel inspiration  :)
Indonesia is wonderful - without a doubt!
Urlaubsziel Indonesien - einfach wundervoll!

Offline klotok14

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
  • Love you All
    • View Profile
    • Online Hotel Booking
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 03:16:22 AM »
Karimun jawa is great island adventure

Offline noe98

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
becareful when visiting karimun jawa, always notice weather or you'll be trapped by bad weather