Indonesia's Official Tourism Website

Topic: Public Transportation - Central Java  (Read 132 times)
Rate Topic:

Offline tru_hill

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
Public Transportation - Central Java
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm new here. I would like to get some clarification about public transportation in Yogyakarta. I'll be in Yogya in June 2015, arriving around 5 pm. I would love to see the Borobudur sunrise and was thinking of staying at the Manohara. Is there a bus to take me from Adi Sucipto International Airport to the Manohara Hotel Borobudur? If so, how do I get the bus? If by taxi, how much would it cost?

After the morning tour, I will check out and head to Mount Merapi for a hike. Transportation from Manohara - Mount Merapi, what are my options and costs? Is there any budget homestays/hostels I can crash at after my Merapi hike?

After that I would like to head to Solo, specifically Kampung Batik Laweyan (?) for some cheap batik shopping. I read that it's a nice place to visit. Where can I stay? Bus or train routes please, from anywhere near Merapi.

The following day I will continue to visit Prambanan area. Would it be advisable for me to stay in Jln Malioboro and then proceed to visit Prambanan (I want to watch the ballet), Gua Maria Tritis, and probably the beaches too?

If my questions are too lengthy, it would be very helpful if you can just give me a link where I can find the bus and train routes. The links in Lonely Planet seems to be outdated and broken =(

This will be my first major trip so I do hope I'll find my way around fine (preferably on low budget too, coz this is definitely a budget trip for me). Thanks =)

Offline Tri Haryadi

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
  • Internet marketing traveler
    • View Profile
    • Artikel tips dan informasi
Re: Public Transportation - Central Java
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
Hi, try this map from Google Maps. Sayangnya Anda sedang di Jogja. Coba nanti jika berkunjung ke Jakarta info saja disini siapa tau saya bisa bantu kasih saran rental mobil Jakarta yang bisa digunakan.

Menurut pengalaman saya, fasilitas yang disediakan oleh sewa mobil ini cukup baik. Selain itu dari segi harga juga layanan jasa sewa mobil ini cukup lumayan. Silakan dicoba sendiri saja.