Indonesia's Official Tourism Website

Topic: Visiting Gunung Gede National Park in May  (Read 859 times)
Rate Topic:

Offline judyjpj

• Day Tripper
  • Mileage 0
    • View Profile
Visiting Gunung Gede National Park in May
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
Hi all,  I need lots of advice please.  My husband and I (retired) are spending time in Java after visiting family in Australia.  I thought we could fly into Jakarta then travel to Gunung Gede and stay in the area for about a week to see as much 'flora & fauna' as possible.  We are not experienced travellers.
Please advise on: best method to travel there; accommodation in the park; permit costs and time length; the requirement to have a guide and/or porter.

I'm imagining we would hire a car to get there, stay in the park (not camping) having got a week's permit. Perhaps hike to both peaks (not on consecutive days), potter around bird watching etc.

The other question is: what innoculations should we have, what is the malaria/denge fever risks, etc?
Thanks to all who take the time....

Offline Eko Jusmar

• Administrator
  • Traveller
  • Mileage 3
  • For travelers all around the world: Don't claim yo
    • View Profile
    • Indonesian Travel Blogger
Re: Visiting Gunung Gede National Park in May
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
Hi Judy lots of villas and bungalows around Gunung Gede National Park,especially around Cibodas Botanical Garden,i suggest to hired a private bus/car from Soekarno hatta international airport cost about 200K/300K IDR,those are quite free from malaria..
  • @kitajimaland
For travelers all around the world: Don't claim you are a true traveler, if you never travel in INDONESIA